Saturday, June 6, 2009

back from Louisville.

i'm worn out. i am back from my short louisville trip. I was able to visit w/ my dad. He is doing much better. He was actually transferred to a rehab center on thursday night. he will probably be there for a while because he became so weak being in ICU for two weeks. He's still got a long road ahead of him. He'll be @ the rehab center until he gains his strength. then, once released from there, it will be @ least 3 weeks until they can schedule his back surgery. After his back surgery, we will see how he does with the pain pills. If my dad gets caught back into his addictive cycle with the pills, I'm going to urge him into a drug rehab.

My dad stopped smoking and stopped taking the pain pills but then managed to overdose on tylenol. (as you know, that is how sarah hill from TM died) which is what originally put him in the hospital this time. There was a point where the doctors didn't think he was going to make it. I talked with his nurses and a couple of his doctors and they kept telling me that he was lucky to be alive. Granted, the tylenol is what put him in there but they did decide that he had to have been bit by something (tick/spider) and that's what caused all the infection in his body.

So, with all that said, I'm just going to stay positive and encourage him daily. I love him alot and he needs to be reminded from time to time i'm sure.

While there I was able to see christina davidson (chrissy walker) a couple times. i love her and am so blessed by her friendship. She's actually going to be driving through knoxville in a couple weeks so we'll see each other again.

I am suppose to go to Nashville today to visit a friend of mine from PANAMA CITY BEACH who is in N-ville for a family reunion but i'm so exhausted from the recent travels and last night i was the designated driver for some friends and didn't get home till close to 3 am (sheesh)!

but, either way, it's a beautiful day so i'll either enjoy the weather with a drive to nashville or i'll go to the smokie's baseball game tonight w/ my mom and roger.

No comments: