Sunday, August 23, 2009

Back from LAS VEGAS

[At a club called PURE. I had the MOST FUN this night]


[Diane von Furstenburg store. . . I was in heaven]

[With the girls @ the Flamingo]

Well, as you all know, I am back from Las Vegas. It truly is a beautiful city. I got lots of pictures (not as many as I would have liked) and would love to go back in the near future to see more and to catch a Bette Midler or Cher show.


[Chihuly glass art @ the Bellagio]

So, I've been waiting to hear from one of the managers @ Alumni Hall on the recent position I applied for w/ them. They actually were wanting me to apply for store manager and I declined b/c I didn't know anything about the company and haven't been a store manager for any business previously.

So, I followed up with them concerning the Assistant Manager Position. While I am awaiting their response, I received somewhat of a promotion @ Express yesterday. One of our managers will be leaving on maternity leave and they have asked me to step up and be in the position of a sales lead and to take on some of the management responsibilities. I accepted the position so if I am offered the position @ alumni hall, I'm not sure what I'll do. The position @ alumni hall would be permanent while this position is just while Anna is on maternity leave for 8-10 weeks!

Either way, it's more pay, more hours, and more responsibility. I am ready for it (have been for a while) so I'm going to take it on and hopefully get some money saved. I do have to look out for my own well being so like i said, not sure what I'll do if I am offered the other position.

Anyway, that's my life right now. I am working a good bit this week, training in the new position. Thursday night a group of friends and I are having Asian themed dinner night @ Jason's loft (a friend of mine) and then we are going dancing @ Sassy Ann's for 80's night.

A good week ahead for sure, and payday is this weekend so I can begin to recover from VEGAS. Anybody out there want to fly me to them to visit. I love to travel and see beautiful faces of people I used to see more often then not.

Hope all is well in everyone's weekend.

love

me

2 comments:

Sarah Pead said...

Oh I wish you could come see me! It would be wonderful. It's awesome that you were able to hang out with Syl, Sam, and Ashley. Looks like y'all had a blast!

Christina Lowery said...

Congrats on your promotion! I'm sure you deserve it!