Friday, May 22, 2009

oh how things change and you don't even realize it



so, it's been a while since i was really consistent with blogging on xanga. i do miss the days when everyone did and you got to hear what everyone was doing across the united states and abroad. but as time has passed, xanga and slowly faded out. I started this blog thinking i would really make time for it and i haven't and i hate that.




so i'm just going to make a few confessions here:







  • i cannot remember the last time i read the Word (how sad is that)


  • i truly can't remember the last time i went to church w/ the exception of attending a catholic service on christmas eve @ my brother's family church in south florida.


  • i feel like i have no purpose or direction right now and i can't remember the last time that i ever felt that way either. it's been this way since i came to tennessee and all the medical issues came up


I just need to know what to do. part of me wants to move to atlanta, part of me wants to be back in florida, part of me wants to be somewhere that a certain family. also, there is a part of me that wants to go to the art institute and study fashion merchandising and design and part of me wants to go to law school. There is also a part of me (how many parts to i have. sheesh) that wants to just get a master's degree in something because i've always wanted to do graduate school.



Will someone please make the decision for me. I just can't get it figured out. and no matter what, i have to make/save money here in Knoxville, TN before doing any of it so I guess that's what i'm trying to figure out. I'm still working @ EXPRESS but with my trips to florida finally being over, i'm trying to get bills/credit cards paid down/off and well as the medical bills.





ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



on another note, my hair is growing pretty rapidly. I've had it cut twice since the first big cut. the next cut will be in about 4-5 weeks and I should have a bob around that time. I'm excited to gain some length but have had to cut it because of how it grows. it's definitely thicker from the first time i got it all cut. you can tell by pictures from then and now. :)





2 comments:

Sarah Pead said...

Those times when you really don't know what to do and you want someone to tell you what to do and what direction to go in are the times when God is calling you to run after Him for direction. You can't figure it out on your own. He tells us to "seek first his righteousness and all these things will be added to you." So if you want some good, honest truth, then I think God is trying to tell you to come back to Him because He really is the only One who can give you that direction.

Christina Lowery said...

By your confessions alone, I think you know what needs to be done Jess....

the great thing, is that God has been waiting on the edge of His seat...hoping that you'll ask for His help. He loves you as his very own daughter and what Daddy wouldn't move heaven and earth to help his princess?!

His Word is very clear - that if you seek his direction, he will lead you on the right paths!

This is what the LORD says— your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am the LORD your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.
Isaiah 48:17

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.
Psalm 32:8

For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.
Luke 11:10

If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind. Such people should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Their loyalty is divided between God and the world, and they are unstable in everything they do.
James 1:5-9

Praying for you my friend!